Monday, June 13, 2011

Clapping, Waving and Dinosaurs

May and June have been busy months for Lainey. So busy, in fact, I've hardly found time to blog about it. Lainey is all over the place now. On our anniversary (May 22), she took her first steps with a walker while we were at our friends house. They had a dino walker, which I went out and bought the next day. It's really funny when she walks with it because when a certain song comes on ("I'm walking with my friendly dinosaur, take a step, and listen to him roar), Lainey plops on her bottom and starts dancing, hands in the air. She really has been working on her dancing a lot. She even puffs out her lip like she's at the club or something (yet another reason dad will never let her leave the house). It's pretty funny. I have a video of it at the bottom. 

In other news . . . She got her first hair "trim" on Memorial Day. Kevin and my mom fought me about it saying I shouldn't trim her baby hair, but I finally won. It looks a lot better now, and they agree. My mom did it after a swim in the pool, so I'm not sure if we count that as her first official cut....that....and I lost the bag of the few hair clippings....

At my mom's birthday lunch (June 5), Lainey clapped for the first time while my parents, sister and brother-in-law were all watching. I think we may be seeing a trend  - Lainey likes an audience for her accomplishments.

She now says mama (her first word in May) and dada and ba when she is waving bye. The best part of all her little smiles and sayings is that they now come with teeth. That's right -she finally got some! She has two on her bottom, and I thought they would never come in (many, many sleepless nights). 

It has been so much fun watching Lainey's personality evolve. I am finding it really hard to believe she is already 10 months, double digits! Here are a few images and videos to sum up the last couple of months. 

Is Grammy really qualified to be doing this?




This is kind of an old video, but I just figured out how to post video on what some are calling the In-ter-net, and this is one of my favorites of her in her jumper. She is a nut.


No comments:

Post a Comment