I cannot believe it almost is a year since my sweet Lainey was born. August 12, 2010: a day my world would change forever. This year has flown by so quickly. The first few weeks did seem to last for a while, but once Lainey hit the one-month mark, the next month came quicker than the one before. Now, my little bug is laughing, clapping, high fiving, wave goodbying, singing, dancing, playing the pianoing and so much more! I can't remember life without her. I know I have posted before that her name means "Ray of Sunshine," and she is truly that. I have told Kevin before that I have never known a happier person. She radiates wherever she is - greeting strangers at the store, singing and dancing for her grandparents, giggling when she's around her friends. Her personality is so much bigger than her 2 ft something body (we'll find out the exact measurement soon at our one-year checkup : ) ) . I don't know how I ever lived before her. She truly lights up my world.
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May.
-- Just a few sunshine songs we sing every morning (or when I am changing her diaper, the one thing she has come to detest).
In less than a month, my sunshine will have shown for one year. To commerate her upcoming birthday, we did a one-year portrait session at Katy Heritage Park, followed by a cake smash at my parents' house - I think she liked it *wink*
CAKE SMASH!
Love the facial expressions and the foot in the cake! what a doll!
ReplyDelete