Thursday, October 13, 2011

Say What

Since she was about 10 months, Lainey has been adding words to her vocabulary. I recently realized that I had them jotted down in notes all over the house, and that probably wasn't the best way to keep record. I need to get a book, but until then, I'm going to record her words here so I don't forget : )

By 10 months - Mama "Mamamamama"
By 11 months - Dada "Dadadadada", Hi "Huh", Bye "Ba"
By 12 months - Dog (duh), Light (aye), Milk "Mey"
By 13 months - Cat (She said this one right after her first birthday, and she pronounces it very accurately. She worked at it for a long time at the breakfast table every morning. She kept saying "cccccc" . . . and then one morning finally, she added the "at" at the end), That "Dat," Door, "Duh," Done (followed by throwing whatever she is eating or drinking off of the table)
By 14 months - Bath "Baa," Book "Buh"

Words thus far: Mama, Dada, Hi, Bye, Dog, Light, Milk, Cat, That, Door, Done, Bath and Book

Her favorite combination of words "Hi Dada," whilst talking into her toy cell phone or occasionally my phone....

1 comment: