Friday, January 13, 2012

Things I've Learned Since Becoming a Mom (the obligatory post of every mom)

- No matter what the baby is eating, she will always want your food.
- At one time, I anxiously awaited the release of new travel deals on my favorite websites. I now await the release of baby toy and clothes deals.
- Showering is a luxury, not a necessity.
- The gym is a great place to shower.
- I never knew the true meaning of exhausted.
- Before Lainey was born, I was worried about her feeding schedule when I should have been worried about her napping schedule. If the baby is hungry, she will always eat. If the baby is tired, she will not always nap.
- My cream-colored tile floors used to make my house feel clean and bright. Now, they always seem dirty.
- Baby spoons make great swizzle sticks for your coffee.
- The days of Lainey loving to go shopping wouldn't last forever.
- Shopping cart seat belts are too long.
- Ignore the books about child rearing.
- There aren't enough days in the year for Lainey to wear all of her clothes.
- Hearing the word "Mommy" was treasured at first. Now, it can sometimes be annoying. "Mommy! Mommy!" (pointing to cookie)...."Mommy! Mommy!" (pointing to seat belt)...."Mommy! Mommy!" Aghhh!!!
- Play dates are scheduled around everybody's nap time.
- Nothing happens between noon and two even if your kid isn't asleep.
- Mother's Day Out is a double-edged sword. In theory, it should provide a break. In reality, your kid is too sick (presumably from mdo) to ever go.
- Lunch bags make great purses (for her, not me!)
- The cats are intrigued yet afraid.
- Date nights are watching a blue ray movie together once Lainey is asleep.
- Despite what some people say, some babies really do just need to cry to sleep every night. (10 minutes max, of course)
- Nobody else has ever had MY baby.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches are good.
- I have never loved anyone so much in my life.
- My life seems so much more valuable to me now. Drive safe! I want to see my baby grow up!
- I look at Lainey in the mirror more than I look at myself.
- Her little personality was always there, but now I get to see it.
- God has a plan for her.
- What I meant to write when Lainey was 12 months, I didn't have time to write until she was 17.

1 comment: