Tuesday, March 5, 2013

So...we have another kid...he's been here a while...

Well...James is six months now. We like him, so I think we'll keep him and will go ahead and start blogging about him *wink.* Where has the time gone? I felt the first six months of Lainey's life were soooooo long, but it seriously feels like James just got here. He is such an easy baby. I love making him giggle and coo, and I especially love holding him in my arms after he's fallen asleep (something I never did with Lainey because I was far too afraid I would wake her). James is so calm and sweet! I am trying to savor every minute with him, and with Lainey. Every day when I'm spending time with them in the morning after they are dressed, I just think how wonderful my life is and how blessed I am. My mom has told me she used to wish she could freeze time with us when we were that age, and I am trying to do my very best to do that with my kids - but they just keep growing! And it's been six months! Whew! Here's his stats (also a way for me to keep records on him since I tend to lose those little slips from the doctor. She was kind enough to write them again for me when we went today : )  ).

Birth: 6 lbs 10 oz, 20 inches
Two weeks: 6 lbs 15 oz, 19 inches (he shrunk!), 36 cm head
Two months: 10 lbs 2 oz, 22 1/2 inches, 39 1/2 cm head
Four months: 14 lbs 6 oz, 24 1/2 inches, 42 1/2 cm head
Six months: 16 lbs, 25 1/2 inches, 44 cm head

His favorite things are: eating his toes, his toy giraffe, his sister, kisses on the tummy, "flying" around the room...and...the t.v. he will find one in any room (a habit we must break). Lainey didn't watch a t.v. until she was two years old...ah...the second child...
His dislikes are: his car seat, loud noises
Right now, he is: rolling both ways (since 2 1/2 months), almost sitting alone, eating rice cereal at dinner

His schedule:
6 a.m. - wake up, eat 
8 a.m. to 9 a.m. - nap, eat
9:30-11:30 a.m. - morning activity
11:30 a.m. - eat
1:30-3:30 - nap
3:30 - 5:00 - afternoon activity (fussiest period)
5:00 - eat
6:00 - bath (he would go to bed at 6 if we let him!)
6:30 - eat/bed
3:00 a.m. - at least once a week, he wakes up at this time. Generally, he puts himself back to sleep now.






No comments:

Post a Comment