Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The busiest time of the year!

A lot to be thankful for!

This month has been so crazy, I just haven't done a very good job of keeping up with the blog. We spent Thanksgiving at my parent's house with my family and Kevin's family. It was the first time his sister and nieces got to meet Lainey, and she put on quite a show with lots of smiles for their photos with her(not so much for ours....).  After Thanksgiving lunch, Lainey entertained us all as we were mesmerized with watching her on the playmat (doesn't hurt to be the only baby around). She was much more interested in the toys on my mom's playmat than the one we have at home. If only I could get her to stay entertained like that at my house....

With the Hudsons

4 generations
4 generations

With the Hortons

All smiles for her cousins




Play date with Canon

Shortly after I found I was pregnant, I learned my friend Brandy was pregnant too. Our due dates were 3 days apart but Lainey ended up coming 4 days after Canon. We'd talked about getting them together, but it is crazy just how fast four months goes by (Lainey will be 4 months on Sunday). We finally got together for a play date last week at the Children's Museum. All I have to say about that place is that I wish I were a kid again! I would totally visit that little town they have for kids all the time. The coolest set up, of course, was the bike shop. I had to take a photo of Lainey in there for Kevin. 

So we finally meet... face to face.




Cool cat
This weekend, I caught Lainey chillin' with Disco and Spinny on the bed - all of my babies together! So sweet!






Flipper
Today when I went to get Lainey from her nap, I was in for a big surprise - she was looking right back at me, sitting up! She rolled over from her back to her front and she was quite proud of herself.  I fear it is only a matter of time before we are chasing her around the house...

You have no idea what you are in for mom...


No comments:

Post a Comment