Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Newest Non-Communing member

We baptized Lainey on Feb. 13 (on my dad's 56th birthday).The day, of course, was very special to us as it was symbolic of how Kevin and I plan to raise her in a Christian family. We will always pray for the day when she accepts Christ as her Lord and Savior. Going into the baptism, I was nervous about how she would do (Lainey is a wild card who can go either way). She, however, did great! She took in everything Pastor Freddie had to say with a very serious expression. I think she was a little shocked, though, at the water running all over her face. For the ceremony, she wore the same dress I wore along with a bonnet made by Lynn Oliphant. When she is older, she can carry the bonnet as a handkerchief around her wedding bouquet - such a neat idea! 



No comments:

Post a Comment