Sunday, April 24, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail...Finally....

About a month ago, I was in the checkout line when I saw a bunny lovey and bought it for Lainey. And since Lainey HATES being strapped in her cars seat, I began to regularly sing "Here comes Peter Cotton Tail hopping down the bunny trail . . . yada yada.." and hand her the bunny to distract her from what was happening. Well because Easter was so late this year, it seriously feels like I've been singing that song forever. I can't believe the day finally came.

We had a lot of time to celebrate it with egg hunts, bunny ears, Easter baskets. So many fun things are associated with Easter. As a parent, though, I do hope I am able to teach my daughter the true meaning of Easter (beyond the bunnies and eggs and stuff). It is my constant prayer that one day she will know Jesus Christ as her lord and savior. Throughout my life, I have prayed this prayer for many people. And I of course love all of those people I have prayed for and continue to pray for. However, there is just something that's hard to explain when it comes to praying this prayer for my daughter. As her mother, I want the very, very best for her, and I know that there is nothing in this world better than having a relationship with Christ. There are many things in her life that I can control, but that is one decision I cannot. It breaks my heart that I cannot make this decision for her. However, I must put my prayer in the hands of a loving God, who also could not take his son's place on the cross. Naturally, I will always want what is best for Lainey, but I also have to realize, so does my father God. 


MOPS egg hunt
Grammy's little bunny
Saturday egg hunt with the second cousins. They hunted eggs. Lainey hunted egg.






On our way to church



This has never happened. Lainey fell asleep in the car. I put her in the crib with all of her clothes on, and she stayed asleep! Maybe we just need to have egg hunts every weekend.

The most beautiful sight ever

Baskets from Mimi and Grammy

Who needs chocolate bunnies, when you've got this?!






No comments:

Post a Comment